Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

On Your Bike

Welcome - so glad to be here again and know that you visit.

I was inspired by Libby Hickson and her series of posts on the Tour de France, and her general love of bicycles to buy a set of bicycle stamps recently from Hero Arts.  This is my first card using that set.


I know the recipient has ridden a lot, so this image was appropriate.


I stamped the image in black ink, and also the sentiment, and added the dark brown stitched ribbon to look like a road, adhering it under the bike.


The cream card stock was sponged with Desert Sand ink, and the brown with Cocoa ink - both inks are Memento by Tsukineko.


I kept the inside simple, but used the same card stock and sponging inks.

I am linking this to:

Thank you so much for visiting - any comments left are treasured
May your day be blessed

20 comments:

mamapez5 said...

A perfect card for a biker! Clever to rind the 'road' ribbon. Kate x

Dawn T said...

Great card Maxine. I've got the HA set, but haven't used it yet.

Chrissie said...

Great card.
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
Less is More

Marilyn said...

What a great card! I like the CAS design, the image and that fab textured paper.

jimlynn said...

CAS and great! Love the little bike and the "road" is perfect too.
Lynn

Bridget Larsen said...

Love the tours but they are always at 2am in the morning for us so I just watch the highlights during the day. Love clean and simple cards, they are very refreshing

marsha said...

Fabulous clean and simple card Maxine. I know it will be greatly loved by a cycler!
Hugs,
Marsha

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I love the way you used ribbon for the road :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Margaret said...

It's a great card. Love the ribbon road to ride that fine bike on. I know your friend will be so happy to receive this.

Lovely Linda said...

A great CAS card Maxine - love that image and the sentiment! Great use of ribbon too! {{{hugs}}}

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

How fun! I love the way you placed the bicycle on the ribbon road. Cute!

GinaA said...

Very nice card, love the way you have inked the edges.

MiamiKel said...

Awesome, Maxine! This is a great CAS card - love the contrasting colors of the white and black :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

What an awesome card- love the image and the ribbon road is perfect! Love the shading around the edges- a great touch!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh I LOVE IT!! So happy that I inspired you with my bike obsession. :-) Thank you for sharing this Maxine, and for mentioning me. xoxo

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Cynthia said...

This is a really fun CAS design, Maxine. Love the little bike you've used!

Mrs.B said...

Great card, love the image and design.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

JD/ Jill said...

Great CAS card! Very nicely done. I like that bike image. I have a bike stamp and as yet to use it...You have inspired me. smile....

Anonymous said...

beautiful CAS card, thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie xx