Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Simply Yellow

Welcome - thank you for visiting again.  I had intended to be more frequent in my postings but somehow it hasn't happened.

I decided to enter the 'Simply Less is More" challenge, which is to use the colour yellow. Not one of my go-to colours, but I enjoyed the challenge.


I made the card with a special 'girlfriend' in mind who has known some very difficult times, and who has a painful anniversary soon.


The sentiment (from the retired Layer of Color set Encouragement) was gold embossed on white card and mounted over a yellow layer, then mounted over a yellow leaf skeleton.


The ribbon and embossed border were the final touches.

I am linking this to the Stampin' sisters In Christ challenge based on this scripture - with the thought that we need to 'be real' in our faith.

“Whoever says, ‘I know him’, but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.       
But whoever keeps his word, the love of God is truly
perfected in him.”  1 John 2:4-6


I am very happy with the way this card turned out - but it took a lot of brain power and time, for all it's simplicity.:-).

I am linking this to:

Thank you so much for visiting - may your day be blessed.

Recipe:
White and yellow card stock
Yellow ribbon
Provo Craft border embossing folder
Layers of Colour (retired) Encouragement stamp set.
Embossing ink and Gold embossing powder.

21 comments:

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This is so pretty Maxine! The white and yellow looks amazing togheter and the leaf is gorgeous!

Hugs
Gunn

Lovely Linda said...

Beautifully CAS Maxine - love the embossed image and the gorgeous leaf - beautiful! Lovely to see you creating my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Dawn T said...

this is incredible Maxine. I really like the clean looks and what an awesome colour mixture.

Caroline said...

this is an amazing card, very nicely done
Greetings Caroline

Stamp with Angela said...

Stunning card, Maxine. The colours, sentiment, and embellishments work so well together. I can relate that sometimes a simple card can take a lot of time and thought. You should be proud of this and I hope it is an encouragement to your friend.

Becky said...

Beautiful CAS card. Love the white and yellow.

Diane Noble said...

Maxine, I love the way you incorporated so many challenges into one simply beautiful card. Thanks for submitting your creation to Stampin' Sisters in Christ too. I love the leaf tucked in behind this lovely sentiment. I'm sure your friend will be touched by your thoughtfulness.

Chrissie said...

I'm glad you are pleased with a card made with a colour you wouldn't normally choose. It looks lovely, the skeleton leaf is gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Bridget Larsen said...

I love the less is more challenge but havent played for awhile. You've done a great job here Maxine

Amy said...

What a gorgeous card, and lovely reminder.
Amy

Unknown said...

Lovely card Michelle - I'm sure your friend will appreciate the thought behind it

Shannah said...

This is so simple, beautiful and elegant, Maxine! I love it! Hugs, Shannah xox

Diane said...

Lovely CAS design, perfect for you friend, I'm sure your words will be appreciated.
Diane

Mandi said...

Simply super
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous. I love the simplicity of your design. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. I hope you are having a blessed week!

Kary said...

Oh Maxine, what a lovely card for your friend! I just LOVE the sentiment, and the bright yellow. Such a wonderful design!

Helen said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love that you used yellow! It's my favorite color! Thank you for playing with us at SSiC!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays. Please join us again soon.

Michelle Pearson said...

ditto on the yellow! Great sentiment and lite embellishing touch! :)

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Maxine. Sometimes "simple" is really hard. Thanks for all of your sweet comments on my blog postings!

Katie Butler said...

Sweet and Simple. Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge.