Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Simple Sympathy

Welcome - I am back a bit sooner this time.

I have had to make some sympathy cards this week, and I was running low on inspiration, combined with a couple of stamping errors, when I saw a card made by Lovely Linda on Facebook.  I am hoping she may blog it soon.

This is my CASE (copy and share everything) of her card.


My colour scheme was grey rather than brown, my embossing was a Provocraft folder, and I used two stamps as well as ribbon.


I stamped both the cross (a new release from Inspired Stamps) and the sentiment before embossing the card.


I made two layers of a very pale, silver edged, mauve organza ribbon and then tied a bow and added a pearl!

Quick and easy and done in about thirty minutes!!  Thanks for the inspiration Linda.

I am linking this to:

Thanks for visiting - may your day be blessed.

Recipe:
Ink:Cobblestone by Vivid
Card Stock - white
Stamps: Cross by Inspired Stamps Inspired Backgrounds, Sentiment by Kiwistamping
Accessories: Ribbon, pearl, Ironworks embossing folder

11 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

Wow it is so elegant and appropriate for the occasion, well done

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Maxine - I love this - love the embossing and the great image and sentiment - a perfect Sympathy card my friend! I am honoured you have cased me and will be blogging my card this weekend! <3!

Dawn T said...

very elegant Maxine.

Laurel Beard said...

Sympathy cards are so hard for me to make. Yours is gorgeous and elegant! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping.

Kary said...

This is a Lovely sympathy card, Maxine! Love the embossed background and those Inspired Stamps image! Have a lovely day! {hugs}

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

So pretty. I love this technique. Thank you for joining our challenge at Sweet Stamps this week!

Tamara said...

wow, what a pretty card!! It's always difficult to make sympathy cards, but this is a great one!!
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
xx Tamara

Deneen said...

Beautiful card, love the simplicity of it and the ribbon adds a great touch. Thanks for joining the Dig Out The Old Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

MrsD07 said...

So pretty and elegant! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!

Christiana said...

A beautiful sympathy card that is sure to bring comfort to the recipient. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This is so elegant! Sympathy cards are so difficult to make, but this is beautiful!

Hugs
Gunn