Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Embossed Butterflies


Greetings - I am back a bit sooner this time - I have had a couple of good days in the studio and have several cards completed.


I fished in my 'experimental backgrounds' file the other day and came across this piece of chalked card that I made far too long ago to remember....


All I did was to move a straight edged of paper down the card on differing angles, rubbing on four different colours of chalk.  i 'fixed' them with hairspray.


The sentiment is from a tiny set from the Crafts Meow called Just for you, which I silver embossed.


The butterflies were cut and embossed using a cuttlebug die and folder set on a mauve/pink paper from a basic papers set - a Warehouse purchase sometime ago.  I then applied ink direct to paper to highlight the embossing and adhered them to the base with a foam dots to give some dimension.

The completed panel was adhered to the smokey blue base card, and then the pearls were placed randomly over the panel.  Quite a change for me as I am very much a straight lines/balanced sequences type of person when it comes to placing bling on cards.
P.S. - My daughter loved this card - it was my Mothers Day card for her, but i cold not say that until now.

I am linking this to:

Thanks for visiting - may your day be blessed.

Recipe:
Blue cardstock (unknown)
Stamp: Crafts Meow Just for You
Technique: Chalked background, diecut and embossed butterflies, direct to paper inking.
Ink: Brilliance Platinum Planet
Accessories: Pearls, silver embossing.

15 comments:

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Maxine. I really like your chalk background. Your butterflies are beautiful.

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card. Love the background!

Becky said...

what a fun card Maxine..love the butterflies and love the colorful background.

Carole of Brum said...

Great card, and I love the techniques you used to make it....the chalked background is so soft and delicate and perfect for the butterflies, which look fabulous with the embossing and inking you added to them. Lovely work.

Thanks for joining in with us at Sundays With Crissy. CoB

Grace said...

Hi Maxine! Oh I'm loving this springy pretty card! Great job with your bg!!! So unique and really really pretty!

Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

Shannah said...

What a pretty card! Those embossed butterflies are lovely! So glad you joined our Sundays with Crissy Challenge this month! Hugs, Shannah xox

Bridget Larsen said...

Love the background and that embossing is soo pure

anaRy said...

What a darling card...nice tech used! The embossing is so clean!!
Thank you for joining us over Oozak's blog Challenge!'xo
anaRy

Unknown said...

Oh how pretty, Maxine! I love the sheen and sparkle! Thanks for your thoughtfulness to me each day on my blog!

Elizabeth said...

Love it - got it... know I shoulda waited, but I didn't!

Stamp with Angela said...

Love the embossed butterflies which look great against your chalked background.

Kary said...

What a delightful card!! Love that background, and the pretty butterflies and pearls. So Gorgeous!!

Cely said...

Very pretty card! Love the rainbow pastel background! Thanks for joining us this fortnight for our Mother's Day challenge at Lia Stampz!

Louise Welsh said...

Great card, thanks for joingin us at Crafters Companion monthly blog challenge. Louise xx

Michelle Pearson said...

I love finding things that I did ages ago that stumped me...and then making something new!
Great background! :)