Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Accordion Flower

Welcome again - so pleased to have some time to share this card with you.

Amazingly this started with a series of discards and scraps!!


I had made this background months ago and it just would not 'work' for what I was trying to do at the time.  


I embossed the sentiment, which meant that I lost some of the detail of the stamp, but it needed the dimension.


I decided on the accordion flower after noticing one I had tried, and put aside, longer ago than I care to remember.  I used a Fiskars punch for the boarder, and the scrap from the edge of the punching, I used to decorate the edge of the card.  The centre of the flower is a couple of layers I had cut with the Floral Accents dies and stacked, that I found on my desk.


When I went to secure the flower, I threaded the centre of the pleats with some gold thread that I had on my desk - I decided not to cut the ends, rather I threaded some assorted beads onto the ends and secured them, to make another wee accent.  The green rhinestones were the finishing touch.

I am linking this to:

Thanks for visiting, may your day be blessed.

Recipe:
Card: Forest Green
DP: Prima Fairy Flora, plain lemon.
Ink: Clear Embossing
Accessories: Gold ep, Fiskars punch, asst'd beads, gold thread, rhinestones, Floral Accents spellbinders die.



21 comments:

Dawn T said...

very pretty Maxine. It really all came together wonderfully

Bridget Larsen said...

Absolutely stunning Maxine, love the accents you have added

Kary said...

Hi Maxine! Love the accordion flower & the blings!! Lovely card! It's quite a delight when everything finally works like it did here. Have a lovely weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi Maxine, I love your card - its beautiful. Hope are well my friend and thanks so much for all the lovely comments you leave for me. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Luv & Hugs, Trish x

cebelica said...

What a lovely card. I love the design and the rosette - it looks fantastic. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty ribbons! Hugs!

Becky said...

This is beautiful Max. Love the design .

Anke said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck
xx

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card!

Leanne said...

So pretty, love that flower, and the embossed sentiment. Thanks for joining us for the Sentiment Only challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, lovely!

Leanne DT 4CC!

WencheP said...

Fabulous ard. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Mary Jo said...

Pretty! Love the dangling beads! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Maxine :-) the rosette flower is lovely and I love the embossed sentment :-)

thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Maxine! Love the fan fold embellishment and the pretty embossed sentiment!

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

marsha said...

Maxine, this is absolutely scrumptious! I love your pleated flower and the beads on the gold string is pure inspiration!
Hugs, and blessings,
Marsha

Unknown said...

How beautiful, Maxine. That medallion is so pretty!

Grace said...

Oh Maxine this is really really beautiful!!! I love the accordian flower, and the three panels... love the rounded corners... too many pretties to mention!!! love it!

Michelle Pearson said...

thanks for all of your love...I do appreciate it! Life is busy....but your comments always touch my heart!

Love the beads and the folded medallion...right up my aisle! ;)

JD/ Jill said...

Thank you for the nice comments on my blog about my craft room.

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Very pretty! Love the light yellow of the flower and the beads :)

Hugs
Gunn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous card Maxine! I love your pleated flower- and how cool to add beading. The fun graduated sizes of rhinestones are a great touch as well!