Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Playing with a new toy

Good morning from a cool but sunny day here in the antipodes - I hope the weather where you are is equally pleasant.


I am not at home at the moment, but thought I would 'blog' a card I made shortly before I left home.  The new toy alluded to in the title of this post is the Sissex embossing folder, Manhatten Flower marketed by Stampin' Up. 






I wanted to make a simple, elegant card for a friend, and decided to go with a dark forest green card stock for the base.


I chose to use water colour paper to emboss, sorry I cannot remember the weight, but it was fairly heavy so I would get a deep impression.  


I stamped and gold embossed the greeting in the top corner, apologies for the poor photography which means it is not clearly seen :-(, then cut the embossed mat to fit the card.  It was somewhat stark, so I added the half pearls.  I was working by electric light and just hoped they were the 'right' green by daylight!!  Scary, I much prefer to work in daylight when it comes to matching colours!!


I thought I was finished, but lying in bed that night I had an inspiration, and next day added the clear 'kindy glitz' to the embossing and it really added the final touch of panache!!


Thanks for calling by, and I hope you have enjoyed your visit.


Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Oh Maxine... this is REALLY elegant!!! I just love this embossing folder... I have it and hardly every get to use it! You have inspired me to make some quick cards... because I love elegant, and this is elegant!!! Love the pearls and that shimmer is gor-gee-ous!!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Beautiful, Maxine! It's classy and elegant!