Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

CAS card in a Hurry


I had to make a quick card yesterday and this is the result.  I was very happy with the overall look of the card as the colours are not my favourite combination!!

The bright yellow card was some that I had on my desk, as was the forest green - the piece did not need trimming at all.  I put it through the CB with a daisy chain border folder along two edges - where the pattern overlapped in the corner, it flattened the second flower, so I used a stylus to push it out from the back.

The image is one from Paper Studio that I won in a blogspot prize (thank you to Priscilla from Midnight Madness ).  I misted it lightly and coloured with aquacolour crayons, misted again and stamped - I should have used a fraction more mist, but I was pleased with the result.... the definition on the edges of the petals was not good, so out came my rather large stash of pens and I found one to match and ran it around the edges of the petals, and it made a huge difference.  Added the yellow for the stamens, sponged  the edges from a Kalidecolour Pad, pierced the corners and after stamping the sentiment and embossing it, assembled the card.

As the challenge at Our Creative Corner is for a clean and Simple Card this week, I feel this fits, so two goals achieved in one card :-)

Thanks for calling by, and I really love reading your comments.  God bless.

2 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - you are really doing those CAS cards beautifully - gorgeous and what great colours! I love this image you won from MMSC - gorgeous! Thanks for sharing Maxine! God mess oyu my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very nice! I love the yellow and black together. The color combo makes a terrific CAS card. Great job on the OCC challenge this week. Hope to see you back with us again next week!